Monday 5 March 2012

#getMoody 11: swan lake Monday


This week I want to try a style experiment. I will explain it on tomorrow's post, however I find that Mondays need to start with a big kick, so I will exclude today from the experiment and do something cheerful.

While I was reviewing the fashion shows from the previous weeks, I came across quite a few things that caught my eye and definitely casted for "inspiration of the day". Today seems like the perfect candidate to be a ballerina inspired day.



Dior show last February proposed a lot of classic elegance and 20s inspired looks. The majority of the collection was refined and serious, with little room for the playfulness that used to be its trademark back in the Galliano era. However, there was a little spot that definitely seemed charming to me. The evening gowns were floaty and silky, "ballet femininity" (like the house itself described it) brought up in stage.

Christian Dior Fall 2012 RTW

This beautiful piece seems perfect to start the week. I can totally see myself performing a floaty, mid-length skirt and some bright pink red piece to go with it (sadly enough, I do not own a full dress in such a lovely colour, but there is always a close enough solution at the tip of your fingers if you follow your gut!). It seems like Paris was full of tule last fashion week, I stumbled upon a very nice street style interpretation of it.

Natalie Joos
Fashion consultant and casting agent
Paris FW 2012
Source: New York Magazine

If Paris and Dior are not a good inspiration to start off with the week, what can be? Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment